Writer Ann Nocenti with Reunite Mojo, Longshot and More in July’s ‘X-Men: Legends #3’
It’s a lucky day to be an X-Men fan! Ann Nocenti, longtime X-Men editor and groundbreaking writer, will return to the franchise in July in “X-Men Legends,” the extraordinary series where the X-Men’s most legendary creators tell all-new stories that unfold during their classic routes!
- With artwork by Javier Pina (“X-Men,” “Maestro: War & Pax”), “X-Men Legends #3” will kick off a two-part saga that takes place directly after 1985’s “Longshot,” the influential limited series where Nocenti and artist Arthur Adams introduced readers to Longshot, Mojo and Spiral.
- The story will shed new light on Longshot, bridging the gap between the fan-favorite hero’s original mysterious adventure and his tenure on the X-Men.
- And like all unforgettable trips to Mojoworld, fans can expect plenty of meta commentary, pop culture references, and unabashed mayhem, all from the mastermind behind it all!
- Longshot’s adventure on Earth may be over, but before he can continue his mission, he’s dragged into Mojoworld for a multi-picture deal he just can’t refuse.
- And when Wolverine and Shadowcat investigate the mysterious psionic disturbance, can they escape the pull of Mojoworld before things spiral out of control?
- Don’t miss Ann Nocenti’s long-awaited return to Mojoworld when “X-Men Legends #3” arrives in July.
What they say :
- Writer Ann Nocenti: “It’s been great to play in the Mojoverse again. The wacky world of Longshot, created with Arthur Adams when we were just ‘kids’, is now drawn by spectacular artist Javier Pina, and let’s just say it’s a joyful experience to watch Javier nail these characters perfectly.With editors Mark Basso and Drew Baumgartner, we’re playing Mollywood, Mojo’s Movie studio, where Mojo, Spiral and Major Domo create a chef Genre mashup artwork as only Mojo can imagine, designed, of course, to play with Longshot The mad team also got their hands on X-MEN – Wolverine, Kitty Pryde and her trusty dragon Lockheed , all groomed to star in the film. The big question is – who will win the Mojo Award for Best Death?