Spanish national detained by BI

0

A Spanish citizen who is to be brought to justice today (Friday) for illegal sex acts involving a 16-year-old Filipina in 2020 and possession of child pornography has not posted bond and is being held by the Immigration Bureau. Under Secretary for Justice Emmeline Aglipay-Villar said on Thursday she was able to confirm with the Taguig City Prosecutor’s Office that Spain national Francisco Manuel Sanchez de Oria, 36, also known as of Franco Sanchez, was taken into custody at the BI, which proceeds with the deportation. lawsuits against him. On August 31, Section 15 of the Taguig City Magistrates’ Court issued an arrest warrant for Sanchez who had been charged with 10 counts of violating the Special Protection of Children Act. abuse, exploitation and discrimination and one count of violation of the anti-child pornography law. Villar said Sanchez was supposed to post a total bond of 2.2 million pesos because the recommended bond for each count is 200,000 pesos. Based on the information or the indictment filed with the RTC, Sanchez was charged with “knowingly, illegally and criminally having sex” in Taguig City with the victim who was “a minor, fifteen (15) years at the time of the commission of the offense, or a child exploited in prostitution or subjected to other sexual abuse, to the prejudice and prejudice of the said victim.

In September, the DOJ said prosecutors filed a complaint with the RTC after conducting a preliminary investigation into the complaint filed on March 12 by the family of the now 16-year-old victim. Former United States Foreign Service Officer Dean Edward Cheves faces similar charges at Pasay City RTC Branch 109 for also committing unlawful sex acts with Jane. The Justice Department said it is investigating the possibility of extraditing Cheves who is in the United States where he was indicted by a federal grand jury in the Eastern District of Virginia on August 3 for surrendering to illicit sexual behavior in a foreign location and possession of pornography. Cheves had been appointed director of the United States Embassy in Manila from September 2020 to February 2021.

DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this website are in no way endorsed by The Standard. Comments are the opinions of thestandard.ph readers exercising their right to free speech and do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or point of view of thestandard.ph. While reserving the right in this post to remove comments deemed offensive, indecent, or inconsistent with The Standard’s editorial standards, The Standard cannot be held responsible for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.