Spaniard accused of raped sexual abuse

0

MANILA – A 36-year-old Spanish national accused of child sexual abuse is due to be brought to justice on Friday, an official from the Department of Justice (DOJ) said on Wednesday.

“An undertaking order was issued against the accused Franco Sanchez on October 1, 2021. The indictment is set for October 15, 2021. There is a motion for dismissal filed by the accused on the basis of an affidavit of disclaimer. The prosecution will oppose the said request, ”Justice Ministry spokesperson Undersecretary Emmeline Aglipay-Villar said in a message to reporters.

Villar, however, added that the accused was allowed to post bail

“He posted a bond. He cannot leave the country, however, because there is an HDO (pending departure order), ”Villar said, adding that the HDO was issued on September 2.

Suspect Francisco Manuel Sanchez de Oria, also known as Franco Sanchez, faces charges of violating Republic Act (RA) 7160 or the Special Protection of Children Against Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination and RA 9775 or the Anti-Child Pornography Act before the Taguig Regional Court of First Instance section 15.

Sanchez reportedly met the 16-year-old victim online last year and brought her to her residence in Taguig, where he allegedly supplied her with drugs and had sex with her.

The miner also said that Sanchez recorded her with a certain “Gil” while they were having sex.

In August, a Pasay court issued an arrest warrant for similar charges against 61-year-old former U.S. Embassy official Dean Edward Cheves for allegedly having sex with a minor during his posting to the Philippines.

Cheves, who served in Manila between September 2020 and February this year, was indicted in the United States before a federal grand jury in the state of Virginia. (ANP)

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.